Who does BabyGoRound support?
BabyGoRound provides, free-of-charge, essential baby gear to families in need across the Lower Mainland. In order to access our services, families must first be referred through an approved referring agency and once they have been referred, we will contact the family to book an appointment. Clients complete a request list with the referring agency prior to their appointment. While we do our best to keep our facility well-stocked, we rely on gently used donations from the community and therefore requested items may not always be available.
What do you provide?
We endeavour to provide the following items when they are in stock:
- Baby movers: Strollers & infant carriers
- Safe places to sleep: bassinet, pack n play, cribs & crib mattresses
- Feeding: high chairs, nursing pillows, bottles, bibs, and breast pumps*
- Seating: bouncy chairs, bumbos, exersaucers, high chairs
- Play: Toys, playmats, jolly jumpers, exersaucers, books
- Essentials: blankets, clothing, outerwear, bathing accessories, bedding, dishes, nursery items, and diaper bags.
* We have a limited number of breast pumps for distribution. Clients need a separate referral for a breast pump, and typically they are given out after the baby is born and an appropriate practitioner has determined a breast pump is needed. The breast pump referral form is available upon request for partner agencies by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide new car seats to families as we have them available. We also provide diapers and formula, however, we encourage families to contact their local food bank to access these items if they are needed on an ongoing basis.
How do I access BabyGoRound’s services?
You will need to be referred by one of our Agency Partners. Once your referral is submitted and approved, you will be contacted by BabyGoRound to set up an appointment. If we have questions regarding your application, we will follow up either with you or the agency that referred you. Clients are not given appointments until they are within 2 months of their estimated due date. At the present time all our appointments are handled over the phone. If you have not heard from BabyGoRound within two weeks of your referral, please call us at 604-558-4840 so we can schedule your appointment.
How many times may I visit BabyGoRound?
Clients are typically offered two visits to BabyGoRound. The initial visit is usually just before or just after the baby is born. At this appointment you will be offered gear appropriate for a newborn. Because babies grow and change so quickly, we offer families a second appointment 4-6 months following the first appointment to give them an opportunity to exchange items they are no longer using for more age appropriate items. For example, our preference is to offer bassinets for newborns which may be exchanged at the second appointment for a crib.
How do I cancel or change an appointment?
Please call 604-558-4840 during our hours of operation to change or cancel an appointment. Appointments may be rescheduled with 48 hours’ notice. We are open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10am-2pm for appointments.