“Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a Dad.” — Anne Geddes
Father’s Day is just around the corner, so what better way to honour all of the dads out there, than by planning a day all about them. We often forget the sacrifices and contributions that our fathers and male figures have made in our lives. Father’s Day gives us the opportunity to express our love, adoration and gratitude to these incredible men.
Make this Father’s Day one to remember! Here is a list of fun activities to do with your special guy and the whole family in Vancouver on Father’s Day this year:
- Father’s Day in 2019 takes place on Sunday, June 16, which is the same weekend as the Denman Street Car Free Day, Main Street Car Free Day and Surrey Greek Food Festival. All great options for a Father’s Day outing.
- The BC Highland Games & Scottish Festival also takes place on the Father’s Day weekend this year, as do the Maple Ridge Food Truck Festival and Sasquatch Days at Harrison Hot Springs. We can’t think of a better way to show that special guy a good time!
- Party at the Car Free Festival is another great idea. The car free festival takes place on Main Street, Commercial Drive, Kits and the West End. It is a huge street party with live performances, food trucks, shopping and so much more.
- Take Dad fishing for free at Rice Lake. North Vancouver’s Rice Lake is hosting BC Family fishing day on Father’s Day this year. This includes a free fishing license, a chance to release rainbow trout and win some prizes!
- BBQ on the beach at Spanish Banks. If the weather is good it is a perfect place to have a family barbeque. It is perfect for big family get togethers and the dog can even come join in the celebration too!
- Spend the day at Stanley Park. The entire family could bike the seawall or find a wonderful spot for a picnic.
- Finally, you could spend this Father’s Day at Burnaby Village. The Burnaby Village Museum usually has vintage cars and motorcycles on display. It is free to visit during the summer months, so treating Dad can be on you this time.
Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing dads out there! We hope you are able to show the special man in your life a little extra TLC today with some of these activities in and around Vancouver.
And to all the mamas out there who stand in the gap for this role – you are strong and capable. Celebrating you all today and sending love from our BabyGoRound family to yours!